Looking for ways to use coffee creatively? How about chicken with coffee? Sounds like a weird combination? You’ll be surprised to find that its unique flavour will win you and your family over. Try this simple yet tasty dish today and let us know how you like it.
500g of chicken thighs or breast – cut into bite sizes
• ½ egg
• ½ tablespoon oyster sauce
• ½ tablespoon light soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• ½ teaspoon white pepper
• 2 tablespoon tapioca flour / corn flour
• 1 teaspoon instant coffee
• 2 tablespoon chilli sauce
• 1 teaspoon tomato sauce
• 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
• ½ tablespoon sugar
• 50ml water
Roasted sesame seeds
Spring onions – chopped
- Marinate the chicken for minimum 20 minutes or overnight.
- Deep fry the chicken in hot oil until the chicken is crispy and golden brown. Fry in batches to avoid overcrowding and for even browning. Drain on paper towels.
- Add the sauce mixture into the pan and bring to boil. Add in the chicken and coat the chicken well with the mixture.
- Dish out the chicken and garnish with roasted sesame seeds and chopped spring onions.