Pancakes! Everyone loves them, from the little ones to the oldest. Who doesn’t love a good serving of freshly made pancakes? A crispy buttery pancake drizzled with maple syrup and butter or topped with fresh fruits and ice cream – it’s definitely worth waking up for or indulging after a meal.
However, pancakes aren’t the healthiest breakfast food around. So how do we create healthy pancakes for the family without them turning their nose away?
Here’s a recipe for a healthy banana chocolate protein pancake:
- 4 large eggs
- 2 bananas
- ¾ cup old fashion oats
- ¼ cup chocolate protein powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Strawberries (optional)
- Preheat a griddle or skillet to medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add eggs, bananas and oats into a blender. Blend on low for 15 – 30 seconds until the oats are ground and bananas are fully mashed.
- Add protein powder, cocoa powder and cinnamon and blend again until smooth.
- Drop ¼ cup full of batter onto the preheated griddle and cook till bubbles begin to form and the edges just setting. Flip and cook through.
- Serve immediately topped with fresh strawberries and a little powdered sugar, if desired.