Imagine taking a bite of a crispy piece of boneless chicken that is stir-fried and swimming in a flavourful homemade teriyaki sauce. A hint of garlic that adds a twist to the traditional Japanese Teriyaki Chicken recipe. It’s totally addictive and better than any store-bought teriyaki sauce. Serve it with steamed broccoli or any Asian vegetable and drizzle the additional sauce over your rice for ultimate flavour. Top it with sesame seeds for an extra nutty taste and enjoy a bowl in the comfort of your own home.
- 600 grams skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar (or white sugar)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger or freshly grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder (optional – for those who prefer a spicy twist)
- 1 shallot/green onion stem, sliced for garnishing
- 4 cups broccoli florets, lightly steamed
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (corn flour mixed with 2 teaspoons water)
- Heat the cooking oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and stir fry till lightly brown and crisp.
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, sugar and sesame oil to combine and set aside.
- Add the garlic and ginger in the pan and saute till lightly fragrant. Pour in the sauce and simmer gently while stirring. Simmer till the sauce thickens into a shiny glaze.
- Add in the steamed broccoli. Garnish with green onion and serve it over steamed rice.
Why eat out when you can make this at home? Give this super easy teriyaki chicken recipe a try today.