Looking for a flavourful dish that you can make in just 30 minutes? Then you’ve come to the right page. We’ve got a ridiculously easy, “lick the spoon” clean pasta dish.
How good is it? Well, if you’re a fan of butter, then you’ll just fall in love with it. Butter adds richness and creamy texture to the sauce as well as complement the sweetness of the tomatoes and gives the sauce a kick.
This sauce is rich and buttery with a hint of sweetness from sugar. You can also add a little fresh or dried basil, crushed red peppers for that added spicy kick or topped with parmesan.
Here’s what you need for that delicious buttery tomato spaghetti.
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1kg tomatoes, chopped
• 1 tablespoon dried oregano
• 4 tablespoons butter
• Salt and black pepper to taste
• Cooked spaghetti
• ¼ cup fresh basil leaves (optional)
• Finely grated parmesan, for serving (optional)
- In a large pan or skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until the onions start to soften, then add in the garlic.
- Add in the tomatoes and stir well to combine. Continue to cook over medium heat until the tomatoes break down.
- When the mixture reaches a simmer, reduce the heat slightly and add in the butter.
- Season with salt and pepper and add in the oregano. Simmer for about 15 minutes to let the flavour develop.
- Serve over cooked pasta and top with basil and parmesan, if desired.